Wednesday, November 23, 2005

the beauty of dying

Sorry, but I just have a huge backlog of ride photos:

That same old S-curve I've already posted 4 or 5 times. Needless to say, my ride doesn't look like this anymore. Leaves have been falling, folks have been raking and landscapers blowing, and piles of leaves have been growing on the curbsides of these suburban towns. Like this-ish:

Lydecker St., Englewood, NJ

I really do think I overdid it on the ride photos. There's only so much one should shoot of the same thing, unless it's a project. The problem with Autumn colors is you want to keep shooting because every moment is a gorgeous moment, and you keep wanting to capture it. But I'm finding it's about the experience, not necessarily something that can be captured over and over.

Like, is this lomo:

any real improvement over this lomo:

or vice versa? Aside from one having the George Washington Bridge in it? Different parts of the same ride, shot on consecutive frames. I think not (but I hope you're giving me credit for coming up with cheap excuses to post this backlog of ride photos).

current sounds:
1. Soul Survivor (Rolling Stones)
2. Symphony No. 2, Mvmt. 2 (Allegro molto-meno mosso) (Rachmaninov)
3. Road Movie to Berlin (They Might Be Giants)
4. Take (Throwing Muses)
5. If This Bass Could Only Talk (Stanley Clark)
6. Randy Described Eternity (Built to Spill)
7. Tumbling Dice (Rolling Stones)
8. The Swimmer (Sleater-Kinney)
9. Helicopter (XTC)
10. Portions for Foxes (Rilo Kiley)

No comments: