Sunday, December 11, 2005

Do not enter


November 18, 2005 - Riding down Riverside Drive on the West Side of Manhattan. This is a blocked off entrance to northbound West Side Highway at 79th Street, I think, probably because there's a northbound entrance at 72nd Street and having two entrances so close to each other slows traffic.

Riverside Drive ends at 72nd Street. Bicyclists can either go down to the riverside path, which is safe and pleasant, or turn left a block to Broadway, or go about a half mile to Central Park. I did that since I was going to East 42nd Street to get my passport. Riding on 5th Avenue from 59th to 42nd Streets was nuts. I think riding on the east side is pretty nuts in general, and is to be avoided.

current sounds: last 10 songs shuffled on iTunes
1. Your Next Bold Move (Ani DiFranco)
2. Dodo/Lurker (Genesis)
3. I Don't Wanna Die Anymore (New Radicals)
4. Quadrophenia (The Who)
5. Here Come the People in Grey (The Kinks)
6. Harold the Barrel (Genesis)
7. Dilate (Ani DiFranco)
8. You Really Got Me (The Kinks)
9. You and the Clouds Will Still Be Beautiful (XTC)
10. Monkey Man (The Rolling Stones)

No comments: