Monday, January 30, 2006

Walk on the Palisades


December 15, 2005 - I know I posted one from this series before. It was a couple weeks after a snowfall and rain was forecast, so I went out to shoot snow before it all got washed away.



I see dead trees. They're everywhere.


Even after growing up in this area and feeling like I've explored everywhere available to be explored, I think I'm just finding the extent of the hiking trails that run along the Palisades. I'm discovering trails that I never knew existed, or had found and forgot them before I had a chance to further explore them enough to remember them. Really, there's not much to explore or remember, which might explain things, but I want to before I leave here again. I think the signs are relatively new. The paint on the trees are old, used to mark trails. Our track team had permission (maybe) to mark running courses, and our marks were sky blue. That's the Palisades Parkway in the background.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Sweet Depression (Deadweight)
2. A Cleaner Light (Kristin Hersh)
3. Nightshop (Fugazi)
4. The Chamber of 32 Doors (Genesis)
5. Mind Games (John Lennon)
6. Electricity (Drugs) (Talking Heads)
7. Can't Get Enough (Suede)
8. Rimbaud (Yuko Hara)
9. White Light, White Heat (live) (David Bowie)
10. Whatever Gets You Through the Night (John Lennon & Elton John)

4 comments:

joyce said...

whoa, those dead trees look so cool thru the fisheye!

keauxgeigh said...

Don't they?! When I scanned the roll, I was "eh" about them, but upon closer viewing, they're pretty neat!

Lisa said...

That's a beautiful shot of the dead trees, I agree. Lovely.

keauxgeigh said...

Thanks, we should all be so lovely in death.