Thursday, January 05, 2006

Who'da thunk I'd get so much mileage out of lomos I didn't post? (pt. 4)


October 19, 2005 - Maybe too many drum shots in recent days, oh well. I'm not ashamed of my Phil Collins "Phil's Choice" signature ride. Marshmallow-head that he became in later years, provoking even the ire of the South Park creators, he's still my fave drummer of all time. Jimmy Chamberlin may have changed my life when I really started playing regularly and thinking of myself as a drummer, but Phil Collins has been around a whole lot longer, and was blowing me away in those all-too-important high school years when I only wanted to be a drummer. It doesn't even matter that this ride sounds nothing like on Genesis records. If anything, it's from his 90's era big band experiment which went over like lead balloon. John Bonham would round out my top three fave drummers.


Suburban living at my parents' house. Hopefully for not too much longer.

10 songs shuffled on iTunes:
1. Murder Sounds (Enon)
2. Sally Simpson (The Who)
3. Mankind (Pearl Jam)
4. As Long As He Needs Me ("Oliver!")
5. I Don't Need Anything But You ("Annie")
6. Heading for the Light (The Traveling Wilburys)
7. Dazed and Confused (live) (Led Zeppelin)
8. Rebecca (Pete Johnson & Big Joe Truner)
9. Chan Chan (Eliades Ochoa - "Buena Vista Social Club")
10. You Were the Long Way Home (764-HERO)

No comments: