Sunday, February 19, 2006

Interstate Ride


January 21, 2006 - As I mentioned, warm January meant more days riding than I would ever expect in January. So many riders were out that day that I actually caught up to a person and passed him. That's actually pretty hard to do. You need to be going significantly faster than someone to catch up and pass them. Unless you started close together, which, actually, I think was the case here. He had a headstart, not by much, and it still took a while to catch up to him and shoot him.


I wasn't able to do my 20 mile default ride because there was a rock slide on the Henry Hudson Drive, which was my return route, and it was completely closed off. Instead, I continued up Route 9W into Upstate New York and made my way back from there, extending the ride to 25-26 miles. This is a ride-by shot, so it's a bit blurry.

iTunes Soundtrack:
1. These Are the Days (10,000 Maniacs)
2. Perfect Kiss (Sakura)
3. Dropout (Urge Overkill)
4. Hillbillies from Outerspace (The Vaughan Brothers)
5. In the Cage (live) (Genesis)
6. Black Country Rock (David Bowie)
7. Troubled (Peter Gabriel)
8. You Are the Sunshine of My Life (Stevie Wonder)
9. Los Endos (Genesis)
10. Bodies (Smashing Pumpkins)

No comments: