Thursday, April 27, 2006
Daan Park East
March 27, 2006 - Daan Park "east" rainy... (previously posted)
March 29, 2006 - Daan Park "east" sunny. I can't wait for the friggin' rain to stop. Unfortunately, I'm under some delusion that it will be like California, and when the rain stops, it stops for the season. Taiwan is pretty much tropical, so it rains when it pleases. For the former Californian weather-sensitive, it's a hard transition.
It's been raining all week, and tonight I got caught out on my bike in the rain. It had to happen sooner or later, and I was initiated into the practice of riding my bike while holding an umbrella that is quite prevalent here. It felt ridiculous, but it's a reality here, and the clunker bikes that people ride here make it so that wind is not a problem. You just don't go very fast on bikes here.
1. Concerto for Cootie (Duke Ellington)
2. D'yer Mak'er (Led Zeppelin) (pronounced Jer Maker. it's a pun referring to the reggae influence on the song. apparently most americans have been pronouncing it wrong for over 30 years)
3. Everyone a Puzzle Lover (10,000 Maniacs)
4. Keep It Dark (remixed) (Genesis)
5. Circles (Chick Corea Akoustic Band)
6. As the Blade Dips Down (Aqui)
7. Life Without Elvis (Bela Fleck & the Flecktones)
8. It is Accomplished (Peter Gabriel - "The Last Temptation of Christ")
9. Stain (Nirvana)
10. Ai no Kotoba (Spitz)