Wednesday, May 10, 2006
April 5, 2006 - Riding along the riverside bikeways. Haven't done a shot like this since New Jersey. Thought it was time to give the treatment to the Starship Enterprise. I can't wait to get back to my road bike and put a basket in front.
Key Lime River. It separates northern parts of Taipei from what I consider "Taipei proper". The divide is exacerbated for cyclists since there is no easy way to cross the river. I found one bridge that can be crossed in regular traffic, and this bridge might also be possible in regular traffic, unless it's a freeway, which it might be. I'm sure being a freeway hasn't stopped some old dude from getting on it on a bike. When you have to get somewhere in Taiwan...
I think that tower on the left is a waste incinerator in Beitou that they made into an attraction by putting a restaurant on top. No idea how that works, but this is Taiwan. It's actually the "Keelung" River, but I can't stop calling it the Key Lime River.
1. Get Back (The Beatles - the McCartney version)
2. Human Behavior (Bjork)
3. I've Been Mistreated (The Aislers Set)
4. Melting Pot (King Chango)
5. Guitar Man's Rag (Southern All-Stars)
6. Lady Nina (Marillion)
7. Fly Me to the Moon ("Neon Genesis Evangelion" - Ayanami's Birthday)
8. Never Get Old (David Bowie)
9. Lukin (Pearl Jam)
10. Iron Man (Amoco Renegades Steel Orchestra)