Sunday, June 04, 2006

Walking to Shida Street sequence

April 11, 2006 - A rare sunny day, crossing Heping East Road, the major street crossing for Shida University.


Hanging out with classmates, we were probably going for dessert - shaved ice if I know me. They all know that if they ask me along, we will inevitably end up going for shaved ice. This is kind of a reverse shot of the previous one. The D shaped building of the main library is in the background, and behind that is the Mandarin Training Center.


Weird probably street art thingie on top of the phone booth. I think you'd only find this sort of thing around universities in culturally conservative Taiwan. I'm still looking for the underground.


Longguan Street. It's actually the next street down from Shida St., but is the main drag of what becomes the Shida night market. So it's not Shida St. at all. Low light and expired film, I didn't expect this to come out. I was shooting for the light reflecting in the mirrors of the motor scooters, and that stands out at least.


iTunes soundtrack:
1. The Acid Queen (The Who)
2. (A) Face In the Crowd (The Kinks)
3. All You Need Is Love (The Beatles)
4. Mali (Charlie Hunter Quintet)
5. Suite for Flute & Jazz Piano Trio No. 2; VII. Intime (Bolling-Rampal)
6. Blown A Wish (My Bloody Valentine)
7. Give A Little Bit (Supertramp)
8. Song 2 (Blur)
9. Coastline (764-HERO)
10. Obsoléte (MC Solaar)

2 comments:

joyce said...

wow! look at all those scooters!!!

shave ice sounds sooo good right now...it's a wee bit too warm for my blood.

keauxgeigh said...

I'm developing a theory where shaved ice can help relationships. You can't have shaved ice with someone you're currently mad at. I'm still working on the details of the theory.