Tuesday, September 05, 2006

more classmates...


June 2006 - Hyun Ae, Pierre, and JC, all classmates first term. Second term, we almost always went to lunch together, and at the beginning, I often tried to get them to go with me to get dessert. I didn't have to twist their arms much until they started worrying about losing their girlish figures. See what I mean about Hyun Ae being quick with the V? While Pierre and JC are just starting to realize their picture is about to be taken, Hyun Ae is way ahead of me.

As much as I bitch about the community college quality of the Shida Mandarin Training Center, I haven't found any place better for shaved ice on a daily basis than the Shida night market area. I have four places to choose from in that area. The Rao He Tourist Night Market is better, but it's also way crowded, and maybe 45 minutes away on bike.

This place is called Orange, and it's right on Shida Road. It was Pierre's favorite place and it had this nice upstairs area that never got crowded in the afternoon. For me, sometimes they cranked the air conditioner on too high.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. The Trial (live) (Pink Floyd)
2. Lullaby of the Moths (Helium)
3. Pneuma (50 Foot Wave)
4. Rocky Racoon (The Beatles)
5. Cherry (Smashing Pumpkins)
6. You Can't Always Get What You Want (The Rolling Stones)
7. Strobelite Honey (Black Sheep)
8. Grandmother's Love (Travis Terry)
9. Fierce Flawless (Ani DiFranco)
10. As Long As He Needs Me ("Oliver!")

4 comments:

joyce said...

mmm...shave ice. :)

there's a park by our house that has free summer concerts on the weekends. the last concert was "the fab four" a beatles cover band. they had fake british accents to go with their bowl cuts. hahaha...

keauxgeigh said...

that's frightening! If they could correctly execute Liverpudlian accents, that would be alright, but if they were just doing random British accents, that might be painful!

joyce said...

yeah, i think MY british accent is better than their's. :P

keauxgeigh said...

I've been working on speaking Chinese with a British accent! Lots of fun, although I tend to slip into Australian or Cockney when I try it. Fortunately no one seems to notice.