Sunday, December 17, 2006

Tale of Two Language Schools

Just so we're clear on these things, old school (posted before):

September 18, 2006 - Shida University Mandarin Training Center, a horrible school that I can't say enough bad things about, but I'm probably being jaded and a spoil-sport because there are people who are able to learn the language through their program.

I would recommend this language school for people who have a natural affinity for learning languages, a high frustration threshold for bureaucratic and administrative incompetence, or who don't have money.

vs.

New school:

December 1, 2006 - Taida University Chinese Language Division. Unfortunately it was a rainy day when I took this, and not the day when I was walking home and there was a rainbow in the east. Well, actually, that was a shitty weather day, too. Because if there's a rainbow, there's water in the air. The water doesn't have to be raining on you to see a rainbow, but in this case, it was. Spitty, misty, surreal-sunlight rain which fits right in with my weather experience in Taipei. All the science majors were outside looking for the rainbow because they all knew the conditions were right to spot one.

That's my bike front and left. And this is the new lomo fisheye 2 that I still haven't named yet. I think I'll name it Bebebe.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Stir It Up (live) (Bob Marley & the Wailers)
2. Try, Try, Try (Smashing Pumpkins)
3. Who Dunnit? (Genesis)
4. Good Night (The Beatles)
5. Moribund the Burgermeister (Peter Gabriel)
6. Oh I... (Sakura)
7. Tengoku Rensha de Yukou (Bakufu Slump)
8. Dandy (The Kinks)
9. Red Vines (Aimee Mann)
10. Onaji Yoru (Shiina Ringo)

No comments: