Sunday, March 18, 2007

low light flash shots


January 28, 2007 - Across the street from the northeast corner of Daan Forest Park on weekends are the Jianguo Holiday (Weekend) Jade Market and Flower Market. During the weekdays they're all car parks underneath the Jianguo Expressway. They run for several very long blocks, maybe about half a kilometer total. They're great for people watching if you can stand the crowds constantly nudging, rubbernecking, and bumping into you. Which I often can't.


Irises at the flower market.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Sexy S (Belly)
2. Giant Steps (Gary Willis)
3. I'm Still Here ("Follies" - Sondheim)
4. Grendel (Marillion)
5. Mother (Pink Floyd)
6. The Professional (Sleater-Kinney)
7. Tea in the Sahara (live) (The Police)
8. Talby (more or less live) (Pinback)
9. Pueblo Nuevo (Ruben Gonzalez - "Buena Vista Social Club")
10. Ice (Sarah McLachlan)

2 comments:

joyce said...

i can't stand crowds...and it gets worse and worse as i get older. i think that's why i like living in the 'burbs. :)

Anonymous said...

I thought I could handle it better than I do. Taiwanese crowds in particular make me hostile. I don't understand why these people can't see in front of them and bump me from behind. Sometimes when I get really annoyed, whenever I feel a bump like that on my backpack, I just stop and force them to go around me. Maybe it's a cultural thing, and it's their way of being friendly. Not.