Sunday, April 01, 2007

rooftop deck


February 13, 2007 - View from my rooftop deck looking southeast over Hsindian. That building on the left was previously scene in this prior entry. The Jingmei River is to the left of this shot. The road right here in front is Fuxing Road, and if you follow it just to the end of this shot, you hit a bridge that puts you back in Taipei. Likewise if you take the cross street right here and go left, you almost immediately hit a bridge that goes back into Taipei. So Taipei still is definitely my reference, but the unfortunate reality is that I now live in Hsindian, making me inferior.


Turn around from the previous shot and this is the rooftop deck.


Walk forward in the previous shot and shoot down the alley on the right, and you can see a sliver of the Jingmei River and Taipei beyond.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. All Day and All of the Night (live) (The Kinks)
2. Nothing Achieving (The Police)
3. Iro Iro no Ba (Yuko Hara)
4. Cheeseballs in Cowtown (Bela Fleck & the Flecktones)
5. I'm Nothing Without You ("City of Angels")
6. What's the Frequency, Kenneth? (R.E.M.)
7. See the Positive (The Maupin/Williams Project)
8. Symphony No. 41, I. Allegro vivace (Mozart)
9. The Advantages of Floating in the Middle of the Sea ("Pacific Overtures" - Sondheim)
10. Oh (Fugazi)

2 comments:

joyce said...

i like the new look!

that is an awesome view from your deck!!

Anonymous said...

it's really great, I'm waiting to find someone selling used deck chairs! it's also great since I've taken up smoking again a la at BAL.