Friday, June 08, 2007

High Speed Rail


April 4, 2007 - Ah, I erred in my previous post. I didn't take the regular train to Kaohsiung at 4 and a half hours, but took the High Speed Rail at 2 hours and 10 minutes. That's because, it being the Lara Croft Tomb Sweeper holiday, all the seats on the regular train were sold out.

This is from inside an HSR train at Taipei Main Station about to leave, shooting an HSR train several platforms away.


OK, not such a clever idea to shoot a long exposure out an HSR window travelling at like 280 km/h. Just not a whole lot going on in this lomo! You can see the reflection of the 2's lens off the window in this and the previous lomo.


Even less clever to shoot two long exposures out a moving HSR window. I wonder what I was thinking. But note that mound that moves from the left side of the frame to the right side in a matter of seconds. Not that I have proof that these long exposures are just seconds apart. The time lapse between these two shots might be several minutes, and Taiwan's HSR might really be unimpressively slow. You just have to trust me.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Chumming the Ocean (Archers of Loaf)
2. Old Brown Shoe (The Beatles - Anthology)
3. Hookworm (20 Minute Loop)
4. Jesus Came From Outta Space (Supergrass)
5. Black With N.V. (No Vision) (Black Sheep)
6. Don't Talk (10,000 Maniacs)
7. Black Star (Radiohead)
8. Downer (Nirvana)
9. In Search of Peter Pan (Kate Bush)
10. Tristessa (Smashing Pumpkins)

3 comments:

joyce said...

ok, i think i missed something in my absense...what is this lara croft tomb sweeper holiday??

Anonymous said...

haha! Oh, it's really Tomb Sweeping Day when you're supposed to go to ancestor's graves and clean it up and pay homage and make offerings or something.

But the fact that someone translated the holiday using the word "tomb" made me think of Lara Croft Tomb Raider, so now I'm hoping that if I call it the Lara Croft Tomb Sweeper holiday enough, it will eventually catch on. :)

joyce said...

ah...thx for clearing that up. and that's very funny. :)