Thursday, June 28, 2007

Nanwan, Taiwan


April 20, 2007 - Same field trip as the last several posts. We went to a formerly aboriginal (I think) village called Nanwan, not too far from Xinzhu. It was a relief for me because I get antsy hanging around the same people for too long, and once we were in Nanwan, we could just go on our own, which I immediately did.


I'm starting to notice a pattern in these aboriginal villages. They all have these quaint footbridges crossing scenic streams, flowing through layers of mountains hiding mystery and making you wonder what's around the bend (usually more trees). I'm starting to wonder what's going on. Are aboriginal villages like modern malls, all looking the same with the exact same stores with the exact same offerings? I'm smelling a government plot.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me) (The Temptations)
2. True North (Bela Fleck & the Flecktones)
3. And I Love Her (The Beatles)
4. Gimme the Car (Violent Femmes)
5. If He Really Knew Me ("They're Playing Our Song")
6. Mr. Crowley (Ozzy Osbourne)
7. Natural Animal (Echobelly)
8. Les Promesses (Autour de Lucie)
9. Chant of the Ever-Circling Skeletal Family (David Bowie)
10. M.P.E. (Public Enemy)

2 comments:

joyce said...

koji!! i just noticed your comments on our europe pics on pfotolab! LOL...you're hilarious!!

Anonymous said...

:D it was fun getting into snarky mode. Snark made our workplace bearable.