Friday, June 22, 2007

Taoist Temple Taiwan (TTT)


April 19, 2007 - Walking up to a Taoist temple either on 臥龍街 (Wolong St.) or 軍功路 (Jungong Rd.), one of them becomes the other in the south eastern-ish section of Taipei. Nothing special about it, I just saw it while riding by and thought I'd check it out. That guardian deity doesn't look so impressive in fisheye. I really need to get closer to my subjects.


It was a nice day, so I was taking the long way home. This is the view from the temple looking sort of north west-ish towards more urban Taipei in the distance. The temple turned out to be nothing special, so no shots of it. Besides, I get nervous around the thug-like people who seem to hang around at temples. I think they're taxi drivers.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Friends of the Heroes (The Aislers Set)
2. Just Blues (Kenwood Dennard)
3. Diminushing (Django Reinhardt)
4. Brandenburg Concerto No. 2, III. Allegro Assai (J.S. Bach)
5. Polly (Nirvana)
6. OK/No Way (Mission of Burma)
7. Wasurerareta Big Wave (Southern All-Stars)
8. At Last (Etta James)
9. Lovely Rita (The Beatles)
10. By the Throat (Pretty Girls Make Graves)

No comments: