Wednesday, July 11, 2007

motor scooter madness


May 11, 2007 - Xinyi District, Taipei, Taiwan. From an environmental point of view, I'm not so concerned about The Global Warming. We can't destroy the environment. We can't destroy the Earth. The Earth and its environment is very resilient. All we can do is make it unliveable for human beings. Once we eliminate ourselves, or reduce our numbers to a sustainable level, the environment will recover. From a human point of view, I'm pretty concerned about the planet we're leaving our children and grandchildren. Because of what we're doing, they're going to suffer.

But maybe the Doom has to occur. If it doesn't occur, how will we know what we shouldn't have done? If we didn't drop nuclear weapons on two civilian populations, how would we know what a horrific way it is to end a war, or wage a war for that matter? Yea, the logic eludes me, too.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Detroit 442 (Blondie)
2. Yes, My Heart ("Carnival")
3. Black and Grey (Deadweight)
4. Pale and Precious (Dukes of Stratosphear)
5. Over Under Sideways Down (The Yardbirds)
6. The Song Remains the Same (Led Zeppelin)
7. Inori (Hajime Chitose)
8. Walkin' Shoes (Chet Baker)
9. Talent ("Bounce" - Sondheim)
10. For the Stars (Elvis Costello & Anne Sofie Von Otter)

2 comments:

joyce said...

holy cow...and i thought europe had a lot of scooters!!!

but yeah i feel ya on the crappy planet we're leaving for our kids/grandkids...kinda makes me not want em. :P

Anonymous said...

yea, it is one reason I'm really glad that the idea of raising kids is simply not in my life plan. I can worry about the planet we're leaving other peoples' kids, but I won't be attached to the idea of worrying about the planet I'm leaving my own.