Wednesday, August 15, 2007

烏來 I


June 18, 2007 - Wu Lai, Taiwan. South of Hsindian (where I live), south of Taipei. I took the bus there since it seemed so convenient. The bus stop is right near my house and the bus is the 烏來 bus, so I had fairly high confidence it would take me there. I almost got there on my beater bike once. I reached the border sign before turning back. I can make it there easily on my new bike, which I suppose I'll do soon. I estimate it will take 45-60 minutes to get there. Hm, I haven't mentioned the new bike, have I?

Anyway, Wu Lai may not even be in Taipei County. It's right on the bottom border of my Taipei County map. Maps. They don't love you like I love you. Wu Lai is tiny former aboriginal village popular for its hot springs and waterfall, *presentation hands*:


...the waterfall. Several second exposure because it was getting dark with rain clouds, bringing rains that poured down in torrents.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Over The Mountain (Ozzy Osbourne)
2. To Whom It May Concern (Black Sheep)
3. Nobody Home (live) (Pink Floyd)
4. Floating Dogs (Peter Gabriel - "Birdy")
5. The Body Electric (Rush)
6. Close My Eyes (Matisyahu)
7. Heart of Lothian (live) (Marillion)
8. C'mon Billy (PJ Harvey)
9. Might (live) (Archers of Loaf)
10. Variations on a Theme (Science vs. Romance) (Rilo Kiley)

2 comments:

joyce said...

those are great...i love the waterfall. i like longer-exposure pics of flowing water, it just looks so cool!

have you guys been getting a lot of rain like china and korea have been getting?? sounds pretty crazy out there.

i want a bike. but i have no clue what to get. maybe i'll just get a cute little orange cruiser bike. :) but i don't want to spend much money. hmph.

Anonymous said...

yea, I agree long exposure water pics are cool.

we haven't been getting an excessive amount of rain. It rains almost every day, but it's not constant. We are expecting our third typhoon in a two week period. hopefully it will just affect the south (and my family - better them than me) like the first two.

I can see you on an orange cruiser! But I can also see you and Whit hitting trails on mountain bikes, being in Colorado and all.