Wednesday, August 15, 2007
June 18, 2007 - Wu Lai, Taiwan. South of Hsindian (where I live), south of Taipei. I took the bus there since it seemed so convenient. The bus stop is right near my house and the bus is the 烏來 bus, so I had fairly high confidence it would take me there. I almost got there on my beater bike once. I reached the border sign before turning back. I can make it there easily on my new bike, which I suppose I'll do soon. I estimate it will take 45-60 minutes to get there. Hm, I haven't mentioned the new bike, have I?
Anyway, Wu Lai may not even be in Taipei County. It's right on the bottom border of my Taipei County map. Maps. They don't love you like I love you. Wu Lai is tiny former aboriginal village popular for its hot springs and waterfall, *presentation hands*:
...the waterfall. Several second exposure because it was getting dark with rain clouds, bringing rains that poured down in torrents.
1. Over The Mountain (Ozzy Osbourne)
2. To Whom It May Concern (Black Sheep)
3. Nobody Home (live) (Pink Floyd)
4. Floating Dogs (Peter Gabriel - "Birdy")
5. The Body Electric (Rush)
6. Close My Eyes (Matisyahu)
7. Heart of Lothian (live) (Marillion)
8. C'mon Billy (PJ Harvey)
9. Might (live) (Archers of Loaf)
10. Variations on a Theme (Science vs. Romance) (Rilo Kiley)