Monday, September 24, 2007
commute photo essay - exit #1
This is the top of the ramp (looking back down) from the previous post, where it hits the sidewalk along the Fuhe Bridge. One person at a time, I'm teaching Taiwanese cyclists, by way of example, that the easy way through these barriers is to pull up your bike vertical on its back wheel and maneuver it through. But not all cyclists are able to do this, since many old people use their bikes to carry various and sundry items, making it impossible without losing their load.
That's the Xindian River off to the right, and the periwinkle elevated freeways to the left.
And here's the update to the graffiti post, several posts ago. This is exactly where that lomo was taken. Since this was shot, the entire lower part has been graffiti-ed very amateurishly and looks terrible. I'm not sure what the sign says, but it looks like it says something about not graffiti-ing the wall, which of course is an invitation to graffiti artists, good and bad.
1. Big Business (David Byrne - "The Catherine Wheel")
2. Glass Onion (The Beatles - Anthology)
3. Kings and Queens (Aerosmith)
4. Imagine That (Ani DiFranco)
5. My Lovely Man (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
6. On My Hotel T.V. (Skunk Anansie)
7. Bernadette (The Kinks)
8. Coffee Homeground (Kate Bush)
9. Someday We'll Know (New Radicals)
10. The Way Back (Whysall Lane)