Saturday, December 15, 2007

Typhoon Krosa Aftermath: upstream downstream


October 7, 2007 - Muzha District, Taipei, Taiwan. Again, this was underwater, with the fencing around this drainage canal covered with debris it caught. The actual bike path over there was completely unpassable. Where I am still required some climbing over debris, but was passable. However, that bike ramp, visible on the upper right hand side of this lomo was completely blocked with debris at the base, so I had to carry my heavy clunker of a bike up the adjacent stairways to leave the riverside area.


After exploring upstream, I returned to my neighborhood and decided to explore downstream. I found that I missed out in exploring more during the typhoon. I would have found some incredible sights, such as just about all of the riverside parks completely submerged, evidenced here along the bikeway, covered with sediment. It was like riding on a beach.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. 1000 Oceans (Tori Amos)
2. Company Calls Epilogue (Death Cab for Cutie)
3. Sophisticated B (Public Enemy)
4. I Shall Scream ("Oliver!")
5. Come As You Are (Nirvana)
6. Affirmation (George Benson)
7. Bunch (Seam)
8. Shadows On the Barley (Marillion)
9. Ginga E No Fune (Dreams Come True)
10. Voices (Cheap Trick)

No comments: