Wednesday, February 04, 2009


July 15, 2008 - Renai Road, in front of Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall. I rode past this bunch of reporters, and then I thought that whatever it was, it was public, cameras were everywhere, so I turned around to snap a lomo.


With the toweringly high standard of media in Taiwan, they were reporting on the addition of these bike lanes alongside the crosswalks, I found out. Right. Bike lanes for crosswalks. They're about as useful as bike lanes on sidewalks, like they have on the blocks surrounding Taipei 101. And as I've said before, "What do you get when you put a bike lane on a sidewalk? Answer: A sidewalk!"

Useless, but on the other hand it's good for bike awareness, so I can't fault it too much.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Rah! Rah! Replica (Bikini Kill)
2. The Mayor of Simpleton (XTC)
3. Red Light (U2)
4. My Blue Heaven (Smashing Pumpkins)
5. Colder (Throwing Muses)
6. What Crime Is It? (Victor Wooten w/Bootsy Collins)
7. The Chamber of 32 Doors (Genesis)
8. Rhyme & Reason (Dave Matthews Band)
9. Good Day Sunshine (The Beatles)
10. Dance the Night Away (Van Halen)

No comments: