Friday, September 30, 2005

The Rides

My parents' house:


I'm currently staying at my parents' house, or 'exiled in suburbia' as I like to think of it. I grew up here, so it's pretty comfortable, a relaxing, temporary getaway from urban life. The problem is that I like to ride my bike to get around, and it is expected here that polluting the air fueling oil wars driving is necessary to be a fully functional member of society. As much as possible, I get around on my trusty Cannondale which I brought back with me from San Francisco:



Behind it is the fossil fuel guzzling vehicle I use when I need it. Note the bike rack. It has treated me well, so I won't call it a monstrosity. It's been in my brother's care for the past two years, but now it's mine again and I think it's happier with me driving it. My brother has bad car karma (although his parking karma is simply astounding, thanks to the power of prayer). One of his cars just pooped out on him, after serving me just fine for the past few months:

No comments: