Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Yamaha Beech Customs (redux)


Roll opening shot, frame 00. My rearranged set with two rack toms. Before I had it set up like John Bonham, with one rack tom and two floors. It was cooler before, but I realize now that my style of playing is better served by having all the toms closer together for faster fills.

Since taking this lomo, I set up the last piece that hadn't been set up, so now there are two crashes in front, and the ride is now lower and to the right more. You can barely see the China on the right in this shot. I have way to much stuff for the kind of drummer I am, but I swear I use everything.

I'm looking for something portable for when I go to Taiwan, and I'm vaguely thinking of looking for some paying gig playing drums there. How I'm able to think I'm good enough to get paid to do this is a little beyond me, but...it'll beat teaching English. I would love to get these puppies over there, but I'd only do it if I found something that paid to get them over there.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Star of the County Down (Béla Fleck & The Flecktones)
2. Roi (The Breeders)
3. In Your Eyes (live) (Peter Gabriel)
4. Breakerfall (Pearl Jam)
5. Twilight (Electric Light Orchestra)
6. Hair (Southern All-Stars)
7. Bring the Noise (Public Enemy)
8. Crack in the Union Jack (Suede)
9. The Man Who Sold the World (live) (Nirvana)
10. You Wonder How These Things Begin... ("The Fantasticks")

2 comments:

Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

I had a Ludwig 5pc with Roto-toms (8,10 & 12in) and Sabian cymbals.

The band I was in broke up and I had nowhere to practice. I had to sell them. I haven't been behind a kit in 15 years.
I miss it.

keauxgeigh said...

That's too bad. Ludwigs have been coming back, but I'm sure the modern models have nothing on their older classic sets. Roto-toms, fun!