Saturday, February 25, 2006
winter up the parkway
January 28, 2006 - Interstate ride taking me past my usual turn around point on Route 9W. Obviously this was during last month's warmest January on record or something or another. The curve in the road was catchy enough for me to stop and shoot it. Not much of a shoulder here, and a big coach bus came barreling down from behind as I fumbled for the fisheye.
I know this as Exit 4 off the Palisades Parkway, the last exit in New Jersey before it veers off and stops being parallel to 9W. 9W continues down into Nyack.
Oak Tree Road across the border in New York state goes over the Palisades Parkway. This is north.
Running across the road, this is south.
1. Rocks Off (The Rolling Stones)
2. With Arms Outstretched (Rilo Kiley)
3. Ask the Lonely (The Four Tops)
4. Party's Fall (Siouxsie and the Banshees)
5. Country Honk (The Rolling Stones)
6. Everybody's Gonna Be Happy (The Kinks)
7. A Pillow of Winds (Pink Floyd)
8. The Stalker (Urge Overkill)
9. It's Too Late (Carole King)
10. Oratorio - "The Seasonings" (P.D.Q. Bach)