Monday, March 06, 2006
Daan Park footbridge
February 24, 2006 - Another lomo view from the footbridge. I don't know what it is about this footbridge, but I really like it. Something about it is distinct and striking to me. Like it's not just another mundane, functional footbridge, but it's architecture. But I don't think it was meant to be. I think it was meant to be just another mundane, functional footbridge. But unlike most footbridges, it connects all four corners of the intersection, and so far it's the only one like it that I've seen, so it's unique.
But Taipei is quite large, and I've barely begun to get acquainted with it. I don't know if it's like San Francisco, where you can know the city. I think Taipei exceeds the size of a city that you can really "know".
The park is on the corner on the right of this shot. This is looking north.
1. Behold! The Night Mare (Smashing Pumpkins) what a pretentious name for a pretty good song
2. A Different City (Modest Mouse)
3. Shehar Ki Pariyon ("Jo Jeeta Woh Sikandar")
4. He's Gone (Suede)
5. Knock On Wood (live) (David Bowie)
6. Shy (Ani DiFranco)
7. untitled (Blonde Redhead)
8. Tracery (Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan)
9. King Porter Stomp (Benny Goodman)
10. Want More (Bob Marley & the Wailers)