Sunday, May 07, 2006
Hangin' Out in the Park
April 4, 2006 - Hanging out in Daan Park during a three day break we had at the beginning of April, with the Starship Enterprise docked next to a palm tree. Ah, I remember that day. I sat down and within minutes a spider was scrambling behind my glasses, ie, between my glasses and my eyeball. I hope the look of my huge eyeball staring at it scared as much fuck out of the spider as it did me. Fortunately, I've been training my fear of spiders and I screamed like a girl for only a few minutes and only did minor damage to my glasses trying to get the damn thing off.
Practicing shakuhachi in the park. I think I'm the only dork who does something like this. Seriously, I think people see me wheezing notes out of this thing in public and wonder what kind of dork I am.
1. Baby, Dream Your Dream ("Sweet Charity")
2. One Beat (Sleater-Kinney)
3. Can't Take My Eyes Off of You (Lauryn Hill)
4. A Pillow of Winds (Pink Floyd)
5. Sabahiya (Sabahiya - "Passion" Sources)
6. Grey (Ani DiFranco)
7. Where the Sour Turns to Sweet (Genesis)
8. Wild Wild Life (Talking Heads)
9. Devil's Roof (Throwing Muses)
10. Go Ahead (Rilo Kiley)