Friday, July 07, 2006

View above the clouds


May 15, 2006 - Even in lomospeak, this is the universal shot meaning flying off to a new destination. In this case, I was flying to Hong Kong on an infamous "visa run". Flight schedules allow it so that from Taiwan, people can fly in, get their passports stamped, and head right back to Taiwan at most in a couple hours.

I, however, actually had to go to Hong Kong to get a student visa in my U.S. passport, since I entered Taiwan on my Taiwanese visa. The Taiwanese passport is virtually useless. It basically amounts to a 3 month visa with the threat of being drafted into military service if I by accident stay for over 4 months. Taiwanese passport doesn't mean Taiwanese citizenship. Doesn't mean you can stay here. Me, Taiwanese? No, yo hablo espanol.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Get Back (The Beatles)
2. Speed of Life (live) (David Bowie)
3. Company ("Company" - Sondheim)
4. Farewell and Goodnight (Smashing Pumpkins)
5. One On One (Hall & Oates)
6. Home Again (Carole King)
7. Dhadkne Saansein Jawane ("Beta" - bollywood)
8. Love Struck Baby (Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble)
9. Chamber Symphony in C Minor, I. Largo (Shostakovich)
10. Mad Dog God Dam (Elastica)

No comments: