Wednesday, October 18, 2006

industrial Taipei


July 30, 2006 - I rather like this shot. I was out on a ride along the Key Lime River on my second bike when I saw this and fancied it for a fisheye. I even went out a ledge to get it. The ledge of the riverside levee, that is. If I remember correctly, this was close to where the Key Lime River meets the Danshuei River, when the wind picks up as you turn south and wreaks havoc on a chronic knee problem when you unwisely go for an extended ride for a second day in a row on a bike way too small for extended rides. If I remember correctly.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Hairless Heart (Genesis)
2. Aladdin Sane (live) (David Bowie)
3. Itsuka Mata (Kodo Drummers)
4. Mystic Rhythms (live) (Rush)
5. Hammer Horror (Kate Bush)
6. Re Ya Dumedisa (Mahlathini & the Mahotella Queens)
7. Kanashimi wa Namida ni Tokete (J-Walk)
8. Mechanical Angels (20 Minute Loop)
9. Ant's Dance (Mary Timony)
10. Among the Americans (10,000 Maniacs)

2 comments:

joyce said...

i love the colors!! and the weird shrubbery oozing up/down the wall! what is this place?!

i normally just listen to the album/artist i feel lik on my mp3 player, but some days i just put it on shuffle and let it do its thing. it's kinda fun. :)

keauxgeigh said...

Yea, I don't know. Taipei is largely urban, but has areas that are considered suburbs, and this area had a near rural feel to it. Maybe not rural, but "out there". While riding atop the levees, I was wondering what sort of riparian rights applied to the properties, as it seemed people could do whatever they wanted along the riverside.

My iPod and iTunes are pretty much permanently on shuffle (over 9,000 songs!). I think I've only once or twiced dialed up albums to listen to in their entirety. But then you have that nifty cable radio, don't you?