Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Jingmei Evacuation Gate bus terminus
August 4, 2006 - Riding out of Jingmei No. 2 Evacuation Gate. Whatever that means. Not sure what they evacuate. Maybe Taipei's bowels. Anyway, it's one of the elusive entryways to the riverside bikeway system. If you look for one, you'll never find it. You just have to wander around looking for something else and accidentally come across one.
Fortunately, coming out of the system is a little easier than finding one's way into it. Unfortunately, once you find your way out, you have to figure out where you are. Fortunately, I have a decent sense of direction, and I like the challenge of getting lost and finding my way home. There must be some deep meaning to that, yo.
That word on the ground is 慢, meaning "slow". It's on small streets everywhere, and it really sucks to get stuck on that word on a test when you know it's written on every small street.
1. Blue Chair (single) (Elvis Costello & the Attractions)
2. Tabako ga Suitai (Sekiri)
3. Quicksand (David Bowie)
4. Who Stole the Soul? (Public Enemy)
5. The One Who Has Disappeared (The Black Heart Procession)
6. Yes, My Heart ("Carnival")
7. No Language in Our Lungs (XTC)
8. Spain (Kristin Hersh)
9. I Don't Blame You (Cat Power)
10. Holloway Jail (The Kinks)