Saturday, October 28, 2006

The Living Mall


August 5, 2006 - Believe it or not, this is a department store, I think between Nanjing East Road (南京東路) and Bade Road (八德路) in the Songshan District (松山區). The Living Mall, I think it's called, some architecturally high concept...department store. It is, indeed, a complete sphere with the other side inside a more conventional box structure. It's pretty neat, the inside is neat, too, but in the end, it's a ...department store. I dunno, I guess I'm just prejudiced about this sort of high concept architecture should be for something more high concept. Like SFMoma. I love SFMoma as a modern art museum, but if it were a...department store, I don't think I'd ever go there. Especially to shop.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Plateau (Nirvana - live unplugged)
2. Flight of the Cosmic Hippo (reprise) (Bela Fleck & the Flecktones)
3. 4:50 A.M. (Go Fishing) (Roger Waters)
4. With Yours (Tara Jane O'Neil)
5. Alone Tonight (Genesis)
6. Overkill (Men at Work)
7. Number 7 (100 Watt Smile)
8. Sleep to Dream Her (Dave Matthews Band)
9. Beatown (XTC)
10. Walter Bishop Jr. (The Williams/Maupin Project)

3 comments:

joyce said...

wow, i couldn't tell if it was the fisheye that was making the building bow out like that, or if that was actually the building doing that! very cool!!

keauxgeigh said...

I like how the building shape matches the lens shape. too bad I didn't try to get them to match.

Anonymous said...

it's a mall

got great photos in it