Friday, October 06, 2006

Starbucks


July 21, 2006 - Corner of Heping East Road (和平東路) and Jian Guo South Road (建國南路). In San Francisco (舊金山), I never went to Starbucks because there were always alternative coffee places, but in New Jersey and in Taipei there isn't much choice. Starbucks is the place to go for a reliable cup of coffee. It doesn't help (or hurt, depending on how you see it) that this Starbucks is on the same block as where I live, and has a nice upstairs area that only gets crowded on weekend noontimes.

I think this was the only time I went there to study before my 10:20 class. Maybe I had a test, maybe I just wanted to break my usual morning routine.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Perfect Disguise (Modest Mouse)
2. Sleepwalking (Ben Lee)
3. The Emperor's New Clothes (Sinead O'Connor)
4. The Hardest Part (Blondie)
5. Re-Enact the Crime (Unwound)
6. Flores De Los Muertos (National Joy Band)
7. What? (A Tribe Called Quest)
8. Sweet Black Angel (The Rolling Stones)
9. Private Sunday (Casiopea)
10. Kuda Lumping (Javanese street musicians)

2 comments:

joyce said...

do they have pumpkin spice lattes in taiwan???

is there a costco near you? we get the costco newsletter and they had an article on the international locations, and the hottest selling food stand item there is some bulgogi bake! :O

keauxgeigh said...

haha, ah, it must be Halloween time! I haven't noticed if they have pumpkins spice lattes, I usually just get straight-forward coffee. call me old-fashioned.

There is a CostCo, but not near me. It's actually closer to Hyun Ae's area. I'll mention it to her and she can decide if it's worth the membership :)