Friday, October 06, 2006
July 21, 2006 - Corner of Heping East Road (和平東路) and Jian Guo South Road (建國南路). In San Francisco (舊金山), I never went to Starbucks because there were always alternative coffee places, but in New Jersey and in Taipei there isn't much choice. Starbucks is the place to go for a reliable cup of coffee. It doesn't help (or hurt, depending on how you see it) that this Starbucks is on the same block as where I live, and has a nice upstairs area that only gets crowded on weekend noontimes.
I think this was the only time I went there to study before my 10:20 class. Maybe I had a test, maybe I just wanted to break my usual morning routine.
1. Perfect Disguise (Modest Mouse)
2. Sleepwalking (Ben Lee)
3. The Emperor's New Clothes (Sinead O'Connor)
4. The Hardest Part (Blondie)
5. Re-Enact the Crime (Unwound)
6. Flores De Los Muertos (National Joy Band)
7. What? (A Tribe Called Quest)
8. Sweet Black Angel (The Rolling Stones)
9. Private Sunday (Casiopea)
10. Kuda Lumping (Javanese street musicians)