Monday, November 20, 2006

good riddance


September 18, 2006 - Mandarin Training Center, Shida University. My soon not-to-be school. I applied for the language program at neighboring Taida University earlier this month and got in, so I'm switching schools when next term starts at the beginning of December.

I can't say enough bad things about this school. The latest travesty is when my teacher announced that she was going on vacation for the last week and a half of this term (I won't say anything about her announcing it the week before she left). She's visiting her parents in San Francisco. I like her, so I didn't think anything of it at the time, but after a week of a lame substitute teacher (lame only because she's a substitute, she's probably a decent teacher in her own classes), I realized if a student takes off on vacation during a term, that's their loss. They paid for the tuition, it's their choice to take off. But for a teacher to take off and disrupt her students' education is lame得沒話說!! (lame beyond words). Unbelievable.

I just don't want to give this lame school any more money. I also signed up for and paid for a tutor this term, but she was so horrible that I stopped going after a month.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Real By Reel (XTC)
2. Rosetta Stone (Throwing Muses)
3. Run Like Hell (Pink Floyd)
4. Let Me Love You Baby (Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble)
5. Rudie Can't Fail (The Clash)
6. Don't Bring Me Down (David Bowie)
7. Houses in Motion (live) (Talking Heads)
8. Scentless Apprentice (live) (Nirvana)
9. Cappricio Italien (Tchaikovsky)
10. Libation Doree (Monks of the Gyuto Monastery)

No comments: