Friday, November 10, 2006

Kaohsiung II


August 12, 2006 - Street corner shop between where two of my uncles live. One uncle still lives in the house where their family grew up, where my grandparents started out in business. Several stones throws away (I've never tested how many, and I don't have a strong arm anyway) is where my grandfather built and moved into a 9 story building, where the other uncle lives now, and where I always stay when I go to Kaohsiung.


Morning market. It's like a night market, but it's in the morning. There are other qualitative difference, too, obviously. There is more fresh vegetable and dead chicken carcasses selling in the morning morket. I was thinking in Gary Larson style, to us, it's dinner; to a chicken, it's a horrifying massacre.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Tiny Vessels (Death Cab for Cutie)
2. It Takes Two (Marvin Gaye & Kim Weston)
3. Los Flamingos (Throwing Muses)
4. Alaura's Theme ("City of Angels")
5. Sick Again (Led Zeppelin)
6. Koi no Jack-Knife (Southern All-Stars)
7. M.P.E. (Public Enemy)
8. Flute Concerto in G Major (Vivaldi)
9. Love Will Come to You (Indigo Girls)
10. Waters of March (David Byrne & Marissa Monte)

No comments: