Sunday, November 12, 2006

Leaving Kaohsiung


August 13, 2006 - I can get around Kaohsiung OK, but it was a quiet weekend and my uncle had nothing to do, so he was able to drive me to the bus station to go back to Taipei. Before I got in the car, I took this shot in front of his building with a red filter held in front of the lens. The desaturated version is here. I've loaded black and white film into Bebe before. Wasn't thrilled with the results, but I didn't really give it much of a chance. The red filter might help. It's interesting that using a red filter on color film, and then desaturating it to "black and white", gives a convincing black and white picture with similar contrast as using a red filter on black and white film.

Unfortunately, this is the only kind of application I'll be using with the red filter, as I later dropped my 28-200mm lens which takes the filter. The lens seems to be working alright, but the rim of the protective UV filter was damaged, fusing it to the lens and preventing any other filters to be added. :(

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Getting to the Point (Electric Light Orchestra)
2. Play Dead (Versus)
3. Here Today, Gone Tomorrow (live) (David Bowie)
4. Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town (live) (Pearl Jam)
5. Live Wire (AC/DC)
6. Who Is It? (live) (Talking Heads)
7. Grandad's Little Ditty (Primus)
8. Washing of the Water (Peter Gabriel)
9. In My Life (The Beatles)
10. Josephine (Tori Amos)

No comments: