Friday, November 24, 2006

Southland


August 26, 2006 - Oh yea, to get to the Confucian pagodas, you're supposed to enter through the dragon's mouth and exit from the tiger's. I don't know who those people are; just shooting other peoples' tourist shots.


August 27, 2006 - Our second day down south we went to Tainan, Taiwan's oldest city. It was a bit of a trying day, as it was hot and Takako was being moody and didn't want to do anything. I didn't think of pulling Bebe out until we were at the train station platform to go back to Kaohsiung (about a 45 minute train ride).

It's hard travelling with four people. I get more out of trips going alone, but I think being with other people also has advantages. I'm still trying to figure them out, though.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Shulaba-La-Bamba (Southern All-Stars)
2. I'm Down (The Beatles - Anthology)
3. Leaning on a Lampost ("Me and My Girl")
4. Back Room (Skip Holiday)
5. Song of Dream, Words of Bubble ("Haibane Renmei")
6. Beware of Darkness (George Harrison)
7. We Work the Black Seam (Sting)
8. Brandenburg Concerto No. 2, I. Allegro (J.S. Bach)
9. Joking (Indigo Girls)
10. Cruel to be Kind (Nick Lowe)

No comments: