Monday, November 13, 2006
They'll Need a Crane
August 14, 2006 - Safety concerns are not that strict in Taiwan, and when they're constructing a building, sometimes they block the sidewalk so pedestrians have to walk out onto the street to get around. Sometimes you can just go right through the construction site even if they're working on the sidewalk, if they didn't block it off.
They've been working on this building ever since I got here. New buildings unceremoniously go up here - unlike in San Francisco where each new construction site made me wonder what was being built and for whom, what consideration went into design and aesthetics, and how it would improve or benefit the neighborhood. Here, a new building is just another brick in the wall.
1. Duke's End (Genesis)
2. Little Lighthouse (Dukes of Stratosphear)
3. Oom-Pah-Pah ("Oliver!")
4. Hello, Goodbye (The Beatles - Anthology)
5. The Wild Cat (Seam)
6. All Revved Up With No Place to Go (Meatloaf)
7. Do You Remember Walter? (The Kinks)
8. Teeth Like God's Shoeshine (Modest Mouse)
9. Texas Flood (live)(Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble)
10. Happy Christmas (War is Over) (John Lennon)