Wednesday, December 27, 2006

it's not all about the big building


November 4, 2006 - Taipei 101 with Taipei City Hall on the left. It's uncredible how ugly and uninviting the City Hall building is. It must have been built during KMT rule days. Even a plain, perfectly symmetric cube would be more aesthetically pleasing and architecturally bold. Well, no, I'm sure they could have found a way to make that boring, too. As it is, I look at the City Hall building (I can't bring myself to call it City Hall), and I just don't want to go into it for any reason whatsoever!

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Jimmy ("Thoroughly Modern Millie")
2. Knuckle Down (XTC)
3. Birdhouse in Your Soul (They Might Be Giants)
4. Black Little Stray (Shannon Wright)
5. Savoy Truffle (The Beatles)
6. Mary (Sarah McLachlan)
7. Crepescule With Nellie (Thelonius Monk)
8. Flavor of the Month (Black Sheep)
9. Itsuka Kaze Ni Naru Hi (Chitose Hajime)
10. Tu Que Has Hecho (Compay Segundo)

No comments: