Friday, December 01, 2006

Monster


September 22, 2006 - Dazhi, Taipei, Taiwan. Waiting for Hyun Ae to see a Korean movie that was playing, "Monster". The Miramar shopping center has this curious ferris wheel on top. I haven't been on it yet. Hyun Ae says she wasn't impressed, as it overlooks nothing but the still-developing wasteland of Dazhi, but I think she's missing something as she was apparently wholly unimpressed by the Grand Canyon. I'll have to go on it myself to see, but for me, just the height and the panoramic view is something.

The movie was pretty good. Korean cinema has been coming along, and this movie was heralded as impressive because of its low budget. I knew nothing about it and was totally surprised when it turned out to really be a monster film! That ruled! An American scientist orders some really toxic material be disposed of in the river, and years later, as a result, a monster comes out of the river and starts terrorizing Seoul. Godzilla eat your heart out. I recommend it if it comes to a country near you.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Sukiyaki (Selena)
2. Noise (The Kinks)
3. untitled (Blonde Redhead)
4. Roxanne (live) (The Police)
5. Pride and Joy (Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble)
6. Heart of Lothian (Marillion)
7. I'm Still Here ("Follies" - Sondheim)
8. Twilight Alehouse (Genesis)
9. String Quartet No. 7, III. Allegro (Shostakovich)
10. Symphony No. 40, IV. Finale (Allegro Assai) (Mozart)

No comments: