Monday, December 25, 2006
November 4, 2006 - Taipei 101, Warner Village area, Taipei, Taiwan. This was actually the advance frame for a new roll of film in Bebe, but it came out alright. It was a cloudy day as usual, and something was going on down there. Loud music was playing and that stage looked like it was going to be a runway, so maybe it was a fashion thing. I didn't stick around to see, because in this shot, there aren't many people down there, but by the time I got down there, it was pretty crowded with much rubbernecking and elbowing.
It's not called Warner Village anymore, either. Corporate culture is global, so the ephemerality of corporate names is present here, too. Corporate names change like the seasons. All is impermanent.
1. Weeping Wall (David Bowie)
2. Taking It All Too Hard (Genesis)
3. Stubborn Kind of Fellow (Marvin Gaye)
4. Whiskey in the Jar (Metallica)
5. Soon (My Bloody Valentine)
6. Barstool (Deadweight)
7. Pyramid Song (Radiohead)
8. Valley of One Thousand Perfumes (Mary Timony)
9. Silent All These Years (Tori Amos)
10. It Would Have Been Wonderful ("A Little Night Music" - Sondheim)