Friday, December 08, 2006
October 8, 2006 - U.S. visit. The building on the right is the famous 30th Street train station. Actually, I don't know if it's famous, except that my brother identified it as the one where there's a scene in the Harrison Ford movie "Witness". I saw the movie, I liked it, I don't remember any train stations.
I don't know what the building in the middle was, the one I was shooting. From certain angles, it looks like a Jawa Sandcrawler, but I don't know if anyone in Philly has noticed that or if anyone calls it that. They should.
The Schuykill River. I pronounce it skwee-kel, but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be skoi-kel. Between that and the Sandcrawler building, I'll probably never be allowed to live in Philly. Even though I think their cream cheese is pretty darn good.
My brother lives off the river, and he has close access to this really nice riverside park that goes quite a way. It's much nicer than the riverside parks in Taipei, but mostly because outdoor activities in the sweltering near tropical heat of Taipei is pretty preventative. I don't mind it, but in the Summer, I could go kilometers on the bikeways in the middle of the afternoon without seeing a soul before passing out from heat exhaustion.
1. Crayon Sun (Throwing Muses)
2. Añoranzas (Sukay - Andean pan flute)
3. If Only You Had Cared for Me ("Me and My Girl")
4. Man of Our Times (Genesis)
5. After Today (David Bowie)
6. Mystic Rhythms (Rush)
7. Butt in the Meantime (Black Sheep)
8. I Can't Get My Head Around It (Aimee Mann)
9. Positive Vibration (Bob Marley & the Wailers)
10. Two of Us (The Beatles - Anthology)