Wednesday, December 06, 2006
November 8, 2006 - So with all my griping about Shida Mandarin Training Center, and since I'm posting these lomos more or less in sequence, I forget if I mentioned I applied for the language program at neighboring Taida University and got in. I started this week.
So far, the feel is much more comfortable for me. It's definitely not as crowded and chaotic. As for my class, I don't know. Nine months at Shida, and I still don't understand half of what the teacher is saying, although I'm not sure Shida is to blame for that. I'm not very good at languages.
This is the palm-lined main boulevard of the Taida campus. Really nice campus. Big campus.
1. Evacuation (Pearl Jam)
2. If I Needed Someone (The Beatles)
3. In the Mist (Keiko Matsui)
4. The Return of the Giant Hogweed (Genesis)
5. Dusk (Duke Ellington)
6. Complicated Game (XTC)
7. Cowbirds (Throwing Muses)
8. Just as the Tide was a-Flowing (10,000 Maniacs)
9. You're All I've Got Tonight (Smashing Pumpkins)
10. Tattoo (The Who)