Wednesday, February 14, 2007

bo-ring shots

It's starting all over again. Move to a new place, internet goes down. I kinda knew this would happen, just as the internet in my old place settled into reliability. Bad internet karma, among other things!

So I'm back at the public library near my old apartment, and now that I'm here I'm wondering what was so important that I needed to get on the internet. I think it's because I'm still planning to go to Kaohsiung for New Years, and I've been thinking of taking the new High Speed Rail (高鐵), and I realized I don't know anything about taking it, even where the Taipei area station is. The last I heard, the HSR line ended in Banqiao, but it looks like the website is saying it goes all the way to Taipei Station now. Of course, this is Taiwan, and no information should be considered reliable until verified first-hand.

I think I'll go to the station tomorrow and try to take the HSR. If not, the bus station is right there, so I can just hop on a bus. I guess I should also call my uncle and let them know I'm coming. I guess I should decide for certain that I'm going.

The last shots from this roll for now:

December 10, 2006 - Xinyi District, after seeing a movie at Warner Village. That's a massive motor scooter parking lot. I guess it'd be more impressive if I got closer to it.


Taiwan aboriginal dancers outside Warner Village. Hm, guess I should've tried to get closer. That's why these are boring shots.


December 21, 2006 - Film advance shots on new rolls are also prime candidates for boring shots. But! This is in Hong Kong. It turned out in December that I had to leave the country because of visa problems, but I bitch enough about Taiwan, so I don't want to revisit that issue.

I flew into Hong Kong the night before with no film in order to minimize how often a roll of film goes through airport scanners. I was getting a little worried after not being able to find chromogenic black and white film right away, but while walking to the "travel agency" which is acting as the "visa" office for not-a-real-country Taiwan (Taiwan's bureaucratic stupidity makes me bitter), I found that Kodak shops often carry BW400CN film. So I got Kodak color film as well for the 2. That must be my backpack on the right.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Night on the Sun (Modest Mouse)
2. To Sheila (Smashing Pumpkins)
3. Cheeseballs in Cowtown (Bela Fleck & the Flecktones)
4. Nirai Kanai Matsuri (Shoukichi Kina & Champloose)
5. Spin It On (Wings)
6. Night Shift Gurus (The Cash Brothers)
7. Time (Rebecca)
8. She's An Angel (They Might Be Giants)
9. Warehouse (Dave Matthews Band)
10. Help! (live) (The Beatles)

No comments: