Friday, February 09, 2007

搬家


December 16, 2006 - Goodbye to my old room.

Yeah, it was small. I've just about finished moving to my new apartment in Hsindian. Today was the last day of class, and there is someone who is going to move into my old apartment, so I decided to finish moving out right away.

Before today, I already brought over 3-5 small loads of stuff I didn't use daily by bus or bike. Today, I loaded up my two larger pieces of luggage I brought from the U.S. and took a taxi. Then I went back and got another small load by bus. Tomorrow I should be able to clear everything out and clean the apartment. Not too bad.

The small size of studio apartments here suits me fine. I'm trying to tend towards the less extravagant and more simple and with less stuff.

Any living situation has its pros and cons. There were good things about that apartment, but also plenty of bad things.

Aside from the allergies that developed in my old apartment, it was pretty noisy, being on the 3rd floor off a major thoroughfare. It was also not very guest friendly because any guests would be pretty much in your face and vice versa. And I don't know what it was about the floor, but it got disgusting if I didn't sweep every other day or so. The shower situations wasn't great, either.

I'm liking my new place, but I'm sure I'll find inconveniences as well.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Falling Buildings (The Aislers Set)
2. La Cage Aux Folles Finale Medley ("La Cage Aux Folles")
3. Rude Mood (Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble)
4. Portions for Foxes (Rilo Kiley)
5. The Guns of Brixton (The Clash)
6. Lucky (Radiohead)
7. Buddhist Chanting (some monks)
8. Lonely Lonely (Leslie Feist)
9. The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonight (R.E.M.)
10. Ana Ng (They Might Be Giants)

3 comments:

joyce said...

holy crap...that's not an apartment, that's a closet. seriously. what's your new place look like?

ZZ said...

Looks nice!

Anonymous said...

haha, I feel so spoiled coming from the U.S. I guess proportionate to the sizes, the cost is about the same, but at this point, I don't know why I need so much space and to accumulate so much stuff, so like I said, it suits me fine.

I'm almost done with my current roll, and I'll post pics of my new place. It's really not much different, but it's a slightly bigger closet! XD