Monday, February 19, 2007

Down from the Peak, Hong Kong


December 21, 2006 - After hanging out a while atop Victoria Peak, I decided to walk down the mountain instead of taking the tram. I'm pretty sure the logic had something to do with gravity. And mind you, with all my bitching about Taipei's horrible weather, Hong Kong was absolutely gorgeous this one day in December. And since I was there only one day, that still translates to 100% good weather in Hong Kong! Not bad! Taipei, with I estimate almost 50% of days being cloudy or rainy, can't compare.


Back down on the flat area of Hong Kong, I hopped on a double-decker trolley to see where it took me. But because of time, I actually didn't get much farther than where I started in the morning at the hostel, from which I walked to the Taiwan travel agency/make believe visa office. I think I actually walked a pretty good distance that morning.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. The Separation of Church and State (+/-)
2. Sugar (live) (Tori Amos)
3. Power (Princess Princess)
4. Flash (Queen)
5. Beautiful (Smashing Pumpkins)
6. Silver Sun (Kristin Hersh)
7. Doll Is Mine (Blonde Redhead)
8. Father Ruler King Computer (Echobelly)
9. Indigo Chiheisen (Spitz)
10. Stretchin' Out (In a Rubber Band) (Bootsy Collins)

No comments: