Friday, March 02, 2007

juxtaposing starbucks


December 26, 2006 - Ximending Starbucks. I think this is after I met someone for language exchange, which turned out less to be an exchange, since as soon as we quickly switched to English, it was all English.

My running joke about studying Mandarin is that everyone around me's English is getting a lot better. OK, it's not a funny joke, but it definitely is a joke.


February 8, 2007 - Gongguan Starbucks, studying before the final exam. It was really hard to study in the final weeks because the rest of Taida University completed their semester and were on break. The campus feel was too relaxed to study. It was great.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Radio I (King Crimson)
2. Run Like Hell (Pink Floyd)
3. Symphony No. 40, II. Andante (Mozart)
4. Take the Long Way Home (Supertramp)
5. I Need You (The Beatles)
6. Black and Grey (Deadweight)
7. Hikui Isu (Low Chair) (Saboten)
8. Pink India (Stephen Malkmus)
9. Scream Like a Baby (David Bowie)
10. Pablo Picasso (The Modern Lovers)

No comments: