Thursday, March 08, 2007

Ximending


January 16, 2007 - And yet another night lomo in Ximending (there were, like, 3 earlier!), and now I'm confused. I think this, and not the earlier night, was the night I met someone for a language exchange, and the other time was when my uncle got me drunk at dinner and I went to Starbucks to sober up before riding home. My notes are detailed, but not that detailed.

Anyway, if I haven't mentioned it before, Ximending is kind of a hip happening place where young people go to hang out and be hip. I think it tries to be Shibuya, but. . . no. No.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. The Rhythm of Life (Sammy Davis, Jr.)
2. Sway (Shriekback)
3. Somebody (Amoco Renegades Steel Orchestra)
4. A Love Song (Travis Terry - Native American flute)
5. Wild Wild Life (Talking Heads)
6. Let's Go Crazy (Prince)
7. Love Secrets (Steve Vai)
8. Ba-ba (Princess Princess)
9. In My Life (The Beatles)
10. Wrapped Around Your Finger (The Police)

2 comments:

totochi said...

It's pretty hip... last time I got squid balls and watermelon juice for NT$35. :)

Anonymous said...

sounds about right. can't beat the food situation in Taipei!