Monday, April 30, 2007

New Years family gathering


February 18, 2007 - Kaohsiung, Taiwan. New Years family gathering. Well, one of them. It was pretty constant, and then freaked me out, and then I left and returned to Taipei sooner than planned because I couldn't deal. I just felt like a total outsider.

Here are three of my cousins on my mother's side. The two on the left are brothers. The one in the middle not only lives in Taipei, but apparently lives right next to my old school, which means he lives right down the street from my old apartment. Why no one put me in touch with him for the past year is a mystery to me, one which I'm wary of and a little bitter about, considering how hard the adjustment has been, so I'm staying out of touch with him. There must have been a reason. And quite frankly, out of all the cousins on my mother's side, most of whom I do know, I was surprised that when I saw him, I didn't even recognize him.

He gave me his contact information, though. I put it in my wallet, so if I get hit by a bus or something, he'll be the one they call, haha!


Little, cute Gracie. She has the cutest, squeaky little voice.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Crew (A Tribe Called Quest)
2. Confessions (Violent Femmes)
3. I'm Only Happy When It Rains (Garbage)
4. Testify (Parliament-Funkadelic)
5. 最愛的人傷我最深 (Ai Mei)
6. That's All You Wanted (Throwing Muses)
7. You've Got To Pick a Pocket Or Two ("Oliver!")
8. Darling Baby (The Elgins - Motown)
9. Turn Back, O Man ("Godspell")
10. Mungojerrie and Rumpleteazer ("Cats")

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't family just swell?

But little Gracie is indeed a cutie pie.

Anonymous said...

yea, but fortunately the swelling has gone down, heh. as long as the cuteness keeps pace with the "swellness", and apparently my direct niece (brother's daughter) might be even cuter than Gracie!