Wednesday, April 11, 2007

travellin' by train, high on cocaine...


February 15, 2007 - In front of 台北車站, Taipei Main Station. I managed to book a train ticket to Kaohsiung for New Years that day. I wisely travelled on Thursday. If I tried on Friday, I'm sure the train would have been full. Train tickets seem to sell out all the time, I wonder why they don't try to meet the demand.


The train platform. I like trains, so I like travelling by train. The problem is getting an available seat. Bus is cheaper, though. The bus trip is less than $15, while the train costs more than $20. And then there's the new High Speed Rail, Taiwan's newly inaugurated Bullet train, but that's going to have to wait for a future post.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Two Suns in the Sunset (Pink Floyd)
2. Sugar Mice in the Rain (demo) (Marillion)
3. Agarizachi (live) (Shoukichi Kina & Champloose)
4. I'm Alive (Throwing Muses)
5. Scratch-n-Sniff (Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble)
6. With This Love (Choir) (Peter Gabriel - "The Last Temptation of Christ")
7. How Do You Sleep? (John Lennon)
8. Up To Me (Jethro Tull)
9. Downer (Nirvana)
10. Cross Bones Style (Cat Power)

No comments: