Monday, May 14, 2007

Jingmei River, Taipei, Taiwan: nightshot


February 22, 2007 - Jingmei River, Taipei, Taiwan. This is one perspective of my neighborhood. It was probably raining then. My apartment is behind one of the buildings on the right-hand side, in Hsindian. On the left is the riverside bikeway in Taipei that I take to go to language classes everyday. The bridge over there is the Jingmei Bridge and I cross it everyday, if not to go to class, to go to the Jingmei night market which is right there-ish. I'm standing on the bridge that takes you from Roosevelt Road in Taipei to Beishin Road in Hsindian.

As for that big bright building in the center, it's pretty fancy and is right on the river. Today I went by it to try to figure out what it is, and it looks like luxury apartments.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Shooting Star (Versus)
2. Home (Roger Waters)
3. Swing Pool (Blonde Redhead)
4. Raspberry Beret (Prince)
5. Always, Always You ("Carnival")
6. Peanuts (The Police)
7. Liquid Diamonds (Tori Amos)
8. Hanadairo (Chitose Hajime)
9. Doe (The Breeders)
10. Stare At the Sun (Deadweight)

2 comments:

ZZ said...

Hi!

Is this the building you mentioned?

http://ztarosdiary.blogspot.com/2007/01/mega-building.html

I also visited there to see what it is:) Also it looks apartments for me, but I'm not sure.

Anonymous said...

Yes, that's the one. It looks very nice. I thought maybe a hotel, but it's definitely not a hotel. Must be apartments.