Thursday, May 24, 2007
Taipei Lantern Festival, part 1
March 2, 2007 - Taiwan Democracy Memorial Hall grounds. Taiwan has a Democracy Memorial Hall in memory of Taiwan's democracy. Not sure what form of government is in place now, but it ain't democracy. More like. . . Clownocracy.
I think it's noble to change the name of the hall, but it's not worth it to fight and squabble about it. That means there's not enough consensus about it. Furthermore, how can you have a Democracy Memorial Hall which houses a huge statue of a dictator - Chiang Kai-Shek? That's the main reason I was unimpressed by the name change, which was from Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall. They have to get rid of that damn statue, an affront to democracy and human rights principles.
On a lighter note, Lantern Festival celebrating the Year of the Pig. Pigocracy. That's the actual memorial hall in the background.
1. Straight, No Chaser (Thelonius Monk)
2. Fullhouse (Kate Bush)
3. Tokiga Bousou Suru (Shiina Ringo)
4. Baby Blue Sedan (Modest Mouse)
5. Brandenburg Concerto No. 5, I. Allegro (J.S. Bach)
6. Mr. Soul (Neil Young)
7. Security of the First World (Public Enemy)
8. 2nd of Feb (Engine Down)
9. Capturing Moods (Rilo Kiley)
10. Failure (Alfie Remake) (Kings of Convenience)