Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Taipei Lantern Festival, part 2
March 2, 2007 - Drat! I didn't mean so long to pass between posting Lantern Festival lomos, but I went down to Kaohsiung to visit relatives and the wireless was kaput. Anyway, Year of the Pig, pig-themed lanterns, big deal. In the background there is the Taiwan Democracy Memorial Hall, which ironically houses a huge statue of Taiwan's #1 Superstar Dictator, responsible for 40 years of martial law (even though 12 of those years were after his death) and tens of thousands of extra-judicial killings.
Military guard walking down the steps to, you know, protect the piggie lanterns.
1. We Go Together ("Grease")
2. Grizabella, the Glamour Cat (T.S. Eliot - "Cats")
3. Body and Soul (Coleman Hawkins & His Orchestra)
4. The Howler (King Crimson)
5. In the Evening (Led Zeppelin)
6. Rip Her to Shreds (Blondie)
7. Circle (Sarah McLachlan)
8. (New Wave) Polly (Nirvana)
9. Portrait (He Knew) (Kansas)
10. Gambare Amuse (Yuko Hara)